Sunday, September 25, 2011
Mentor-Mentee Scavenger Hunt
Today was our scavenger hunt, one of the first events of this school year! I had a lot of fun with my mentees searching for pieces to complete our puzzle. We were able to find all eight puzzle pieces and got a few bonus points! We even found a family who were willing to do an o-h-i-o picture for us. It was a good time and a great way to get to know my mentees better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The scavenger hunt proved to be a campus wide hunt for cardboard pieces which actually turned out to be quite entertaining. As a second year, I feel that by placing puzzle pieces all over campus gave us mentors time to both introduce ourselves to our mentees and show them parts of campus that they are probably unfamiliar with so far. I feel that the new mentor program started off on the right foot and am looking forward to future events.
ReplyDeleteI thought that this was a great way to begin the year and really kicked off the program compared to last year. It was nice being able to walk around campus and talk to our mentees. While we we're merely participating for the fun and chance to communicate, I think that it was an interesting event that will lead into more bonding events in the future.
ReplyDeleteThe scavenger hunt was a great event, even though only Caroline, Molly and I represented our team we had a ball. There was a lot more running than I thought was necessary, but you have to play hard to win. And we did. Getting first place was totally worth sweating for a few hours. I hope in the future our whole group can attend and we can stay on top!
ReplyDelete