Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Study Abroad Expo

I'm not 100% sure that the Study Abroad Expo is counted as a Humanities Event, but I'll blog about it anyway!

It was held today, October 6th, at the Thompson Library. The expo did a very good job in covering locations and majors. I went in empty handed and came out with so many booklets! There was loads of information on different programs and locations. I just had to keep an eye out for one that interested me. If you have a specific location in mind or you haven't really thought about studying abroad but you know your major, then there probably is a program that fits you.

And I was surprised by the amount of scholarships out there!

This expo got me really excited for of all the opportunities and I'm glad I went. =]

4 comments:

  1. I also went to the expo to get information on study abroad options for next summer. I got a lot of booklets of info and a few pages. The whole process of trying to find a program is really overwhelming, so these will be really helpful in helping me figure out what i want to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the study abroad expo last week and found it extremely overwhelming. I'm glad I went because I am definitely interested in going overseas, but I'm concerned about my ability to pay for it. I really want to study this summer (2012) so fingers crossed I find the program that's right for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself at the study abroad expo as well. Although it was very overwhelming just as kristen and whitney mentioned, it set me in the right direction for a study abroad experience. I went in on an island of information and came out with other places to navigate with my questions and concerns. Everyone says study abroad is without a doubt worth it, so why not at least look into it? Who knows where you'll end up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Natalie Howard:

    The study abroad expo was really fun for me. Although I'm not totally sure if I'm going to be able to go on a trip, it was so much fun to look through all of the different oportunities that I have. I agree that it was a little overwhelming but it made me excited at the posibility of going somewhere next summer. Hopefully I'll get to!

    ReplyDelete