Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, October 17, 2011

From Impossible to Easy with Robert Irvine

I thoroughly enjoyed this event as a food network geek and general foodie. Not only did I attend the event, I also got to interview Robert Irvine for the Lantern! Even though he's huge and can seem pretty intimidating on TV, he joked and gave me cooking advice (use grapeseed oil). Both parents and students loved the event, and Irvine interacted with the crowd, giving away everything from t-shirts to ramen. He emphasized the importance of eating healthy and exercising, as well as "paying it forward". Irvine donates almost all of the money he makes to charities, such as cancer research and veterans affairs. He was more than willing to answer everyone's questions and pose for pictures, even after the OUAB staffers tried to shut him down.

1 comment:

  1. Alexis!! That's so awesome that you got to interview him for The Lantern. I wish I had gone with you!

    ReplyDelete