Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Doc & Talk Waiting For Superman

This was the 2nd time I saw the film and it was just as good and emotionally striking as the first time I saw it. I think it really provided a reality check to everyone that watched on how good we have it. I really enjoyed the discussion afterwords, it was interesting to hear different opinions on education, especially people who have gone to charter or magnet schools.

1 comment:

  1. This was my first time watching the film and I was so excited all week to see it. It was incredibly emotional and very sad. It definitely opened my eyes to how bad the educational system is in some parts of America. I think because I grew up in an affluent neighborhood, I was shielded from the horrors of a failing school. I feel like this movie needs to be broadcast to people in positions of power so that we may begin to implement change. It's sad to think that this movie may just remain as a film and that it wouldn't spark some sort of motion.

    I agree with Kayla that the discussion afterward was very rewarding. I had no idea that even in some parts of Ohio, schools are failing their kids. I learned a lot from both the movie and the discussion and it has definitely shaped the way I will approach teaching in the future.

    ReplyDelete