Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Comic Book Series: Cartoon Library Tour

On September 25, 2765 AUC (that is 2012 in the Roman calendar), we visited the Cartoon Library by the Wexner Center.  While I had already been there (catching up on the Spider-man comics, since I never really read the comics as a kid), it was still an interesting tour.  I thought the history about the Center's collection and in comics was interesting, especially about the one newspaper strip that had countless rage mail about the family dog dying in the comic.  I should have asked them if they had any hate mail that was sent to Marvel after they split Spider-man and Mary Jane up.  If there was hate mail about the family dog dying, I would hate to see how harsh the mail was that was sent to Marvel because of the Neighborhood Friendly Web-Slinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment