Monday, December 3, 2012
Mid-Ohio Food Bank
I went to volunteer with some of my sorority sisters at the Mid-Ohio Food Bank last Thursday and it was a lot of fun! They have student hours from 4-6 every Thursday and you can just show up and they will put you somewhere to help out. We were in the conveyer room and basically packaged boxes of non-perishable food items for families. They had music playing and the atmosphere was very relaxed and all the people that work there were really friendly and made the experience fun. In the end we packaged over 800 boxes so I was really proud of that. The time goes by really fast and it is such a simple but fun way to get involved in community service! I would suggest more people to volunteer there more often. All the people that work there were very appreciative because they are understaffed so all of the help really counts (even though it may not seem that you are doing that much)! I personally am going to try to volunteer there at least once a month :) you guys should too!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment