Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

4th Annual Humanities Film Festival

This past evening I stopped by the Wexner Center to watch the videos put together by the first year humanities scholar students. The theme this year dealt with Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness, and I have to say that the videos had a much greater variety than the year that we had the environment as the theme. With that being said, there were two videos that stuck out to me as being atop the list. First and foremost, I really enjoyed the "What Makes You Happy" video put on by the Zig-a-zig-ahh group. They reenacted the scenes from the Breakfast Club, Rocky, Risky Business, and Good Will Hunting and played their scenes side by side with the actual movie clips. I thought it was the best video of the group and that it had great content. A second video that I enjoyed was the group that showed clips from the media showing the stupidity displayed by many Americans. They did a tremendous job of displacing that common notion. All in all, I was impressed with quite a few videos and enjoyed the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment