Monday, November 12, 2012
Honors and Scholars Political Talk
I went to the Honors and Scholars political discussion talk (pre-election) and I got a lot of good things out of it. First off, the fact that a political science professor that has had experience in campaigning for local candidates gave a lot of great insight into politics and campaigning. I thought the discussion was very well-rounded and there was a lot of free discussion periods in which we could describe any of our experiences campaigning or ask her any questions we had. I liked that the discussion was not so closed and that it was not just her lecturing; we all really got to talk about the topics we wanted to discuss while still being somewhat guided by the professor. The food was also great! We got it from Qdoba which was definitely switching it up. I overall really enjoyed the discussion and it helped me to understand some of the topics and issues relevant in the presidential election that I was unsure of before the discussion. I would recommend everyone to go to the post-election discussion! Hopefully it will be just as informative. Or maybe I am just a political nerd haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment