Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

BalletMet presents...Dracula!

Last Thursday I joined the Humanities Scholars as we journeyed to the Capitol Theatre to see Dracula the Ballet! I had only been to one ballet before in my life, and that, as you may be able to guess, was The Nutcracker. With that admittance comes the declaration that I am certainly not an expert on ballet, or dance of any sort. I just love the performing arts :) Although I have never read Dracula and was a little unaware of the general plot line, I was entranced from the beginning until the end of the performance. The dancers did a wonderful job of not just dancing, but also acting. I was generally able to realize what was happening even though I only had the dancers and the music to guide me. Also, I was blown away by the strength demonstrated by the dancers. I can now fully understand why Barre workout classes are popping up everywhere as the lastest craze in getting fit!

For all of my fellow readers out there who also attended the performance, I have a question for you. Did the plot of the ballet match up with the storyline of the novel, Dracula?

After this ballet, I really hope that we all get a chance to go see the Little Mermaid in the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment