Friday, February 10, 2012
Campus safety 101
I am so glad I attended this event. Chuck Duerre, a Lebanon,Oh police officer talked to us about some non-physical ways to keep safe. I always thought I paid attention to my surroundings and could spot a creeper from a mile away, but the stories he shared really opened my eyes to how little I see. Now I don't wear headphones when I walk to class and I scan the area around me. I'm less excited to go home and test my Mace on a tree...This was a great, informative event and I want to thank Mr. Duerre for coming to speak with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also loved Mr. Duerre's events! Both the powerpoint presentation and the redman suits were phenomenal. I find myself much more aware of my surroundings, especially when walking alone, and I'm often thinking of the safest route'. The redman suits were interesting because we got to test ourselves physically if we were to have an attacker. My only complaint was not having enough time in the suits! I wish I would've known all this information growing up so I could've given my brother a taste of his own medicine. I loved both events with Mr. Duerre!
ReplyDelete