Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Humanities Events
This quarter I went to the Humanities Family Fued which was really fun, and my team won! I also attended the 8th floor improve night which was really funny. I went to two events that were related to humanities, I saw a linguist speak about how different dialects spread through New York state. I also went to the first day of the Academics and Activism series- the film viewing and discussion. We watched a movie about the Tucson City Public Schools. The documentary centered around a conflict between the government and the local school- the school offered an optional Latino curriculum program to students. The government has since disbanned the program, but the documentary showed all of the benefits of keeping the program (including boosting Latino American graduation rates from 50% to 93%). The event was really interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment