Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

8th floor improv

Went to 8th floor improv last night, it was pretty fun. There were SO many people there, which was nice to see for a change. I feel like 8th floor can be kind of hit or miss with their skits, and some of them were definitely a miss, but I had a good time and enjoyed it overall!

5 comments:

  1. I thought 8th floor improv was really fun! I was looking forward to it very much and it was just as fun as I thought it would be. I thought they were hilarious and my favorite part was the dream sequence after they interviewed Sam. It was really a great idea for an event and I'd love to see them come perform for us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also attended the 8th floor improv performance. It was a really good opportunity to spend time with my friends in humanities and enjoy some great jokes. I also liked seeing two of their new cast members perform, although they both looked like McLovin from Superbad :) It was definitely a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great event! Especially since it followed a meeting. I recognized most of the performers, which I was excited about, but I agree that the skits were hit or miss. I always laugh when I see 8th floor, but as someone who grew up doing improv there are to many times during the shows that I'm wishing someone would save them from the scene and either end it or take it in a different direction. Since it is unscripted, there are always going to be some issues, but overall I very much enjoyed this show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the 8th floor improv performance and I thought that overall it was a good performance. Like most everyone has said already, sometimes they were hilarious and sometimes they weren't funny at all. But, all in all I thought it was a lot of fun and I had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than anything, I was just impressed that they were so driven and passionate to make something of their craft. Whether they're always amazing or they are sometimes a bit off target, they have gained recognition and made a name for themselves on campus and in the surrounding area. I admire their dedication and their courage to share their talents and interests with their peers.

    ReplyDelete