Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Winter 2012

1. Family Feud
I really like how the Mentor events are working this year. It's gives us an opportunity to talk to our mentees, without having to smother them, and still get an event for Humanities :) Family Feud was really fun, in an odd sort of way. But it got us talking, and we had all kinds of conversations we probably never would have had otherwise.

2. The Help
Last quarter, we read The Help in book club, and since I refuse to see movies before I read the book, I hadn't seen the movie yet. While I thought the movie was good, it was really interesting to hear what people with different backgrounds thought of it. One of the speakers who came was from the south, so he brought an entirely different perspective into the discussion.

3. The Hunger Games
This quarter we read The Hunger Games in book club. I actually read these books at the very end of summer break, so it had been a while, but, regardless, I loved them. Most people who have read them feel the same way, but there were a couple who felt differently, and I think with series like this with such a huge fan base, it's good to hear those other opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment