Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, March 16, 2012

All-Scholars Basketball (x2)

The Humanities Scholars' basketball team went 0 - 2 - 1 (slightly better than our football record: 0-3). I couldn't play in the first game because I had Athletic Band; however, (as the title suggests) I was able to play in the last two games. In the first game, we got blown out and we had to grab three girls who were not in our scholars program to play for us. In the last game, we only had five people play, with only four guys and one girl. Since we only had one girl, we had to play four-on-five for the whole game. Fortunately, we somehow stayed with our opponents (they also only had two girls playing for the whole game). It is so pathetic that we cannot get a few girls in our scholars program to play intramural sports! How is this possible? There are so many more girls in this scholars program than there are men, yet we still cannot get enough girls. I am getting sick and tired of it; it is just not fun playing at a disadvantage when the all-scholars intramural sports give extreme handicaps for the female participants (such a girls get one extra point when they make a normal basket).

No comments:

Post a Comment