Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Safety With Chuck!

I know that this review may seem a little biased because "Chuck" is my dad, but nevertheless, I really enjoyed both parts of his presentations. Although I have sat through both parts before, there are always new things that he chooses to incorporate and I feel like I am always learning something new from him. I have definitely been paying more attention when I walk places and when I have to park in the garages on campus. After his first presentation, I was discussing it with my roommate Katy and she said that it made her scared- I can relate to this!! My dad is full of stories about scary things that have happened and I have grown up hearing them repeated over and over. It's hard to determine how you should be feeling after hearing some of the things my dad talked about. Scared? Empowered? Aware? I think a combination of all three is probably what most people feel. When I told my dad that some people feel a little uneasy about walking alone and being safe after his presentations he said that fear is a gift (like the title of the book that he read from) and that when you feel a little uneasy, you're probably a lot more aware of what is happening around you- which is the purpose of his presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment