Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Family Feud

At first I was sort of dreading going to family feud because I am really bad at these kinds of games. However, it actually turned out to be pretty fun and I liked being competitive with it. However, I felt that if more people would have come, it would have been more fun. None of my group's mentees showed up so it was just a little disappointing. Overall, however, I think it was a good bonding experience for those groups that had both their mentors and their mentees present. I like that we are having more events through the mentor program because it is a great way to meet new people in Humanities Scholars.
The popcorn and soda refreshments were also a nice touch. I especially liked how Ben got so into reading the questions. One other criticism I would have of family feud was that the way it was organized took a long time to go through all the questions and get the scores from the groups. In the future, I would recommend that ALL mentors and mentees try to attend because it really is a great way of bonding with other scholars and getting to know more people.

3 comments:

  1. I also went to Family Feud event and would agree with Jordyn in that it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Ben's enthusiasm was funny and catchy, and I think that the experience overall was a great one in getting mentors and mentees together. However, I was also in a group where none of my mentees even showed up... so the event turned into me bonding with 2 individuals who I already knew pretty well. We all managed to have a good time, but I think that the next time an activity like this is planned, it would be conducive for all of the members to show up and participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Family Feud event!! I have always been a big fan of the show and I thought that playing it in real life was fun. I loved that we had provided the answers at the meetings this year- that definitely added an interesting edge to things. Sometimes though, I thought the answers were repetitions...especially on the questions about how would you describe OSU and what were you most nervous about when coming to OSU. THe answers for those were a little tricky! But, overall, I thought it was a fun time and I would go again if it were hosted again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Family Feud event. I thought it was a great chance for the mentors and mentees to interact again. At first I was was a little sceptical about it but it turned out to be a really fun group event. I would go again if it was held in the future.

    ReplyDelete