Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Hunger Games

Happy Hunger Games! Just yesterday, I headed down to Gateway to join other Humanities scholars in watching Suzanne Collins' bestselling book put onto screen. I have to say that having read all 3 books in the trilogy the movie was somewhat disappointing. In my opinion, if I had to rate the books and the movie on a 1-10 scale (10 being the highest) I would give the books a 9.8 and the movie a 7.0. I'm not usually one to pick up a book for casual reading, but for some reason the story of Katniss Everdeen kept me coming back for more. I understand that you can only fit so much into one film, and for that reason I thought the movie was good at staying true to the plot. For the first time in my life I can say I have read the books and believe that they are far better than the film. If you haven't picked up Suzanne Collins' trilogy yet, then I highly recommend giving it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment