Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Minute to Win It
Earlier today, some of the Humanities Scholars participated in our own version of the TV show Minute to Win It. I have to say that it was quite entertaining! Some of the tasks seemed incredibly difficult. Take balancing three golf balls as an example. I have a feeling that the golf balls have to be of the same brand because the dimple patterns in a golf balls vary across producers. Also, I'd be extremely impressed if someone could keep up a sheet of wax paper in the air for 60 seconds with using nothing but their breath. Those were the two toughest challenges, but at the same time they were fun to attempt. Whether it was trying to get Oreos to your mouth form your forehead without using anything but face muscles or trying to keep 3 balloons in the air for a minute, the Minute to Win It was a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a great time at Minute to Win It! A couple of the games presented a real challenge, like the balloon and tissue paper ones, but it was still fun. It was a good chance to spend some time with my mentee and make a new friend also. And even though some of the other teams weren't exactly honest, it was still a good time.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the Minute to Win it competition. Because I wasn't participating, just circulating and taking pictures, I was able to see how different teams handled the different challenges. It seemed like the Oreo station was a favorite because it involved everyone's favorite after-class snack. The golf ball challenge seemed really difficult and I think it would have been more doable with only 2 balls. I am thinking that this would be a great event to continue next year as well, but we would need to rethink some of the events. I think it was a good sign though that we had a great turn-out!
ReplyDelete