Monday, April 16, 2012
O Canada
Over the weekend, humanities and arts scholars went to Toronto and for the first international spring trip it was a lot of fun. The amount of museums, sights, etc. that we got to see for the cost was a steal. And while I didn't go through the art museum (I was already sleepy and it didn't seem like it was going to help), the CN Tower, Niagara Falls, the guided city tour, and Casa Loma were all fantastic. A few of us actually ran into someone who worked at the castle and he gave us a mini ghost tour, which is always fun. Niagara Falls was beautiful, it's kind of a shame the town is so touristy and hokey. Our tour guide Jason was great at showing us both the typical sites and other, more local things like graffiti alley and introducing me to butter tarts. I am so glad I got to see and experience a new city-it was absolutely worth the bus ride full of animated movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Agreed--Toronto was a really good time. My group decided to go see Second City on Saturday night, and they put on a really good show. We got an awesome student discount too so it was definitely worth the $15 I spent for that. On that same night we got dinner at this place on Queen called Cafe Crepe, and it was fantastic. The food was delicious and it was something that while it might not be "native" to Toronto, was food I definitely couldn't find in Columbus!
ReplyDeleteI liked everything about the trip like Alexis had said, it was a good weekend get-a-away from the stress of school!