Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hunger Games!

I went on April 1st to see The Hunger Games with Humanities Scholars...of course, it wasn't my first time seeing it. I'd gone to see it twice during opening weekend. Needless to say, I was actually impressed by how well they did with the movie. I had just finished the book two days before the movie came out, so everything was fresh in my mind. There were definitely somethings from the book that I would have loved to see in the movie, but I was impressed over all.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

1 comment:

  1. I, too loved the Hunger Games movie. This was my second time seeing it in theatres and I think I appreciated it more the second time because I was able to pick up on more. I found the controversy surrounding the movie, particularly around Rue's ethnicity, to be incredibly sad. I remember news reports saying that people were tweeting things such as, "I cared less that Rue died because she was black." I think that if we choose to read the next two books for our book club next year, or not, it would be interesting to have a professor come in to talk about race in literature. Did Suzanne Collins fill her obligation to the reading by only saying that Rue was "dark-skinned?" It's interesting to think about....

    ReplyDelete