This quarter has been a busy one!
One Humanities related event I attended I also helped organize. This event is called the World's Longest Barbecue, sponsored and run by Alpha Epsilon Pi and the Barbeque Qlub. This year we raised around 15,000 dollars for the mid-Ohio Food Bank and international food banks as well. The barbecue went for 5 straight days, 24 hours a day non-stop. It was an incredible experience and one that has done a lot of good year after year. Another event I attended was the end of the year meeting/and food party which recognized the seniors, most of whom I have never seen before. It was awesome seeing some new faces. Another event I attended was the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity fashion show which raises money for various philanthropies. It was great seeing so many people I know, with very little experience, gaining some confidence by looking great on stage. The final event, or events, that I saw involved the dance majors who went around campus doing impromptu and organized dances. I saw 3 performances: one outside the RPAC, on the Oval, and in Drake. It was great seeing a good friend and a friend from high school performing.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment