Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Spring Quarter 2012

So this quarter has by far been one of the busiest quarters at Ohio State, so I'll give a brief view of all the cool places I've been and things I've done humanities related:

(1) I had the opportunity to go on the spring trip to Toronto (which was super exciting, because I had the chance to bring my nice, new, and very expensive camera to take pictures.) Of the multitudes of things we did, and sights seen, I'd have to say my favorite is a toss up of the Hockey Hall of Fame and seeing War Horse. Of course, I am always a huge fan of theatre, so that's no surprise; but still, it was a really great trip!

(2) I went to several of the theatre shows in town this quarter, including Memphis (which was superb), Shrek the Musical, OSU's Marat/Sade, OTL's The Mystery of Edwin Drood, and Falstaff. They were all really well produced, and though I will not go into length about each of them, I will say that Memphis was probably my favorite of all, closely followed by Drood.

(3) I went on another service trip with Access88: Access to Education initiative through ServeCorps, and had the opportunity to talk to elementary students about the importance of preparing early for college as well as thinking about what will college look like in the future.

So many things, and this isn't even 1/3 of it all. But, by and by, it's been an eventful quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment