WATER FOR ELEPHANTS is a new favorite book of mine. I became totally engrossed in it as soon as I started reading and finished it in just a couple of sittings. It was beautifully written and intriguing the whole way through. The movie was a pretty big disappointment in comparison to the book. Characters were missing, had altered histories, and different roles or personalities. Maybe if I had seen the movie independent of the book I would have been able to enjoy it, but since I knew what the story could be, I could not fully appreciate the movie.
I really enjoyed seeing MEMPHIS at the end of the quarter. It was nice to relax a little and go out before getting caught up in finals. I might even say that seeing the musical helped me on one of my finals as the story fit in perfectly with my class on the history of African American music. It was exciting to see everything my professor had said in class come to life on the stage.
This quarter I had to say goodbye to my MENTOR after two years of friendship. We grabbed lunch together to celebrate her graduation from Ohio State and her admission to grad school at the University of Tennessee. It has been great to have her around the last couple of years but I am so excited for her to be moving on to bigger things and I know we will keep in touch for years to come.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment