Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mentor Group Minute to Win It

I attended the 3rd and final signature mentor-mentee event for this year.  Unfortunately, a much of my mentees were no-shows (although I will not reveal names...), although part of me suspected that to happen both due to the attendance for the previous mentor-mentee event (only one mentee showed up) and when I emailed everyone in my group (both mentors and mentees alike), I got two replies that alerted me that they were not going to be able to make it to the event (I am not going to say names, but if I were to say who, I might mention that those who replied to my email were the same people at the 2nd mentor-mentee event ;) See what I did there).  Therefore, after I cried "Isis Hear My Plea" and Arkantos and friends appeared out of NOWHERE...wait ONE SECOND, that's Age of Mythology (a RTS game based on Greek, Norse, and Egyptian mythology, for those who did not know.  Oh, and an RTS is a Real Time Strategy, for those who did not know that either), not this event.  My bad. ;)  Well, Arkantos and friends didn't show up (because I did not say Isis Hear My Plea) but the other mentor in my group showed up.  Due to the lack of participate, we had to combine with another "menteeless" group.  It was fun seeing our group win at (and also fail at) the different games for this event.  Would I do this event again?  Sure (as long as my mentor group can motivate our mentees to go to the events).  Would I choose this as one of the signature mentor-mentee events again for next year?  I personally would recommend something different to change things up (so things don't get boring or dull).  And I apologize that Age of Mythology captured a lot of space on this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment