Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Spring Quarter 2012 :)

1. Toronto

The trip to Toronto was so much fun. I had never been to Canada so this was a very fun and exciting trip for me. It was a great chance also for me to meet some new people that I hadn't met and explore a new city with my friends. My favorite thing that we did was either the Hockey Hall of Fame or the CN Tower. The CN Tower was a great opportunity to see the city. The Hockey Hall of Fame was really exciting also because it is Canada's national sport and I am a big hockey fan. It was unreal to get to see the memorabilia up close, especially the Golden Goal exhibit from the 2010 Olympics. I had a great time and am looking forward to seeing what is going to be next year's Spring Trip.

2. West Side Story

I really enjoyed West Side Story when I went with Humanities Scholars. I love the Ohio Theatre and loved this production of it. I love the movie version so I was excited to see the story on stage. I thought all the actors did great and really like the costumes. Although I know some people did not enjoy the play, I really liked it. The actress who played Maria also had an amazing voice and I enjoyed the songs.

3. Water for Elephants

This book to me was a fantastic read and I really really enjoyed it. Sadly I saw the movie before I read the book, which I never like to do, but I thought the movie was at least close to the book. I loved the development of the characters and the way she portrayed them. It was clear that the author had done her research and tried to keep her story line as realistic as possible. I really liked this book and would definitely recommend it. As for our group discussion, it was very interesting to me to hear everyone else's opinion on the novel. They brought new perspectives that I had not considered to the discussion and it brought new elements to the novel. I am interested to see what novels are chosen for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment