Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spring Quarter

This spring quarter had so many fun events to attend! I seemed to take a theater theme this quarter.
1. I went to see West Side Story at the Ohio Theater. It was such a great show. I loved all of the dancing, especially between the jets and sharks. I thought they did a fantastic job of keeping the integrity of the original production while adding new flair.
2. I also saw The Mystery of Edwin Drood. This show was so much fun! Everyone was entertaining and I absolutely loved the audience participation. I thought that OTL Productions was better than most all of the OSU Theater productions I've seen.
3. Finally, I saw Memphis at the Ohio Theater. This was my favorite of all the performances I saw this quarter. The music was outstanding, the storyline was old as time but with a new flair, and the costumes were fantastic. Although the lead actor sometimes got on my nerves, the vocals of the leading lady were incredible and the stories of all the characters were touching. Also, the musical did NOT end the way I expected to, which was actually really refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment