As I said before, with my busy schedule I'm just trying to catch up on blogging!
Chicago was a blast! I had never been to a city as big as it before, and it was awesome! First off, I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hostel was! The Second City comedy show was great and full of laughs! The Humanities festival seemed like it would have been really cool to spend some more time in the different sessions. The free time had to have been my favorite part of the trip; Cindy, Emma, and I walked through Millennium Park and went to the top of the Willis Tower! The group dinner at Gino's was a lot of fun and the pizza was SOOOO good! Navy Pier had to be my second favorite part of the trip; the ferris wheel especially! Overall, it was a great time and I can't wait to visit Chicago again!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also haven't gotten around to blogging about this until now.
ReplyDeleteBut it was definitely everything I had expected. I haven't been to a big city since I was 8, and that was New York City. Personally, I thought Chicago was a lot better -- it just seemed cleaner, and had a better atmosphere. The Humanities Program also did a good job with setting up the reservation with Second City. It was a very funny group.
The best part of the trip for me was the time I had to do what I wanted. At night, I went and visited some friends of mine at DePaul University, which gave me a whole different perspective on being in Chicago. Otherwise, during the day, I was able to just walk across the length of downtown and appreciate the beauty. We also got pizza at a small basement bar called Brick's; I would definitely recommend it. Overall, an excellent trip.
For me the best part of the Chicago trip was our free time. I went to the Art Institute of Chicago with friends and we spent the majority of our day there. I saw all sorts of amazing artwork and got to see pieces I had learned about in class. It was a very cool experience. The museum is huge, and although we tried to see as much as we could, we easily could have spent another day or two wandering about all the exhibits. It was definitely an experience to remember and someday I hope to go back to Chicago and see everything again.
ReplyDelete