OK, so between school work and marching band, I have had barely any time to blog! So, I am finally getting caught up on this!
On October 5th, I had the privilege of seeing the author of "No Impact Man", Colin Beaven. I'll admit, I really wasn't the biggest fan of the book. I liked the idea behind his mission, I just didn't think he wrote about it very well. The book was very repetitive and just boring to me. I was looking forward to seeing Mr. Beaven, but didn't expect much from it. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed the event. He was funny and didn't really discuss the book much. I loved hearing the story of how his daughter got in trouble at school the day before. He seemed like a really down-to-earth guy and the entire program was a pleasant surprise! I was very glad I attended this event!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am actually one of the few I know who actually read the entire book and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The idea behind it was good and I knew it must have taken a lot of time and effort to plan through and think about all of the things he considered in the project. However, when I went to see Mr. Beaven, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with it because of my expectations before the presentation. Mr. Beaven focused more on the idea of us loving each other than on his actual experiences throughout the project. Although I agree with what he said, I was looking for a more in-depth look at the book and discussion of how he went about planning and going through with the project. However, I do think that he is a very good public speaker and I enjoyed listening to his views.
ReplyDelete