Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Author of The Jew is Not My Enemy Speaks to Students
Tarek Fatah, author of The Jew is Not My Enemy spoke yesterday evening in Hitchcock Hall focusing on unraveling the myths that fuel Muslim anti-semitism. This event was sponsored by Byuckeys for Israel, the Schottenstein Chabad House, and the North African Students of OSU. Fatah's speech seemed to focus on coexistence between nations and religions. However, it became apparent when the room was opened for questions that many Muslim students felt that he wrongfully targeted the Islamic faith (ironically enough since Fatah feels Muslims use Judaism as a scapegoat). One student asked repeated, rather forceful questions of Fatah, who in turn continually interrupted the student making his own mildly angry claims. I found the event extremely interesting, as I consider myself Christian I had a rather neutral view on the subjects relation to faith, but I do believe religious coexistence is extremely important to any sort of peaceful international relations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment