Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Inception

I attended the showing of Inception at Royer, even though I had already seen the movie 3 times. Even though I had seen it before, I still found scenes throughout the movie where I did not understand exactly what was happening. Seeing the movie multiple times really helped me to fully understand the whole movie. Because it was so thought-provoking, I learned something new about it every time. I'm glad that I went to go see it again because it definitely keeps my mind focused and engaged. Inception is a very interesting concept and one that I still cannot fully wrap my mind around. That is why I liked Inception; I like movies and books that actually require me to think and have a purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I also attended the viewing of Inception even though I had already seen the movie a couple times before. I've always been interested in the mind and how it works, so watching a movie that deals with these concepts was really intriguing. It was nice to hang out with some of my fellow humanities scholars and enjoy watching a movie that stretches imaginations in such an elaborate way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly enough this was actually my first time seeing Inception, so I was very happy that the Humanities Scholars decided to show this film. The concept of the film was so much fun and despite the fact that most people have a hard time understanding the whole idea, I managed to comprehend it after a few minutes in. Maybe I just have a good imagination? Either way, it was fun not only watching the movie, but the reactions and comments that my fellow humanities scholars had. (especially since most of them had seen it before). Inception is a definitely a movie worth watching more than once.

    ReplyDelete