Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Humanities Book Club
Last night I attended the mid quarter meeting of the humanities scholars book club. This quarter we are reading the book "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. The book is about two boys growing up in Afghanistan during the mid 1970s, then shifts to their lives as adults and how conflicts within their country have impacted their lives. At the book club meeting, we focused on the first half of the book, which focuses on the childhood of the narrator Amir and his friend and servant Hassan. Our discussion was mainly centered on the relationships between the characters in the book, mainly those between Hassan and Amir, Amir and his father Baba, and Baba and Hassan. I'm afraid if I go into details, I'll give away too much of the book, so you'll just have to read it yourself! It's a very good book so far, and I would recommend it to all of you to read too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment