Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, April 22, 2011

New York City

Last weekend I had a fabulous weekend in NYC with the Arts and Humanities scholars. Although the bus ride there was definitely the worst part of the trip, (over night on a bus is never fun) I would still give the trip an A! Some of my favorite parts were the Roy Lichtenstein Foundation, which was extremely interesting regardless of the hours of standing, shopping in Times Square (four floors of Forever 21 anyone?) Sister Act- a wildly entertaining musical, American Idiot- a high energy rock concert/musical, and three blissful hours in Central Park in the sun on Sunday. It was so great to be able to explore NYC and really get good first hand experience at navigating around the city without an adult saying "and now we're going here, and now we're getting off on this stop." Although it wasn't my first time in NYC it was definitely the most independent I've been in NYC and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment