Saturday, April 23, 2011
New York City
I went to NYC last weekend with the Humanities and Arts Scholars and it was simply amazing. I loved that we had so much free time and the ability to explore on our own. I met some of the Art Scholars and got the chance to become more acquainted with some of the older Humanities Scholars. I loved all of the sites I saw in New York City and had some adventures and considering the cost of this trip I feel like I won big time. It was very exciting to see shows actually on broadway and I would go back to NYC in a heart beat. Overall this trip was an A for absolutly fantastic minus the bus ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a blast in NYC too! I loved the hustle and bustle of the city. My favorite place was TImes Square. I've seen it on tv a million times, but standing in the center of it all was beyond imaginable! Some other highlights were seeing "American Idiot" with Billy Jo Armstrong as a part of the cast, eating at Ellen's Stardust Diner where we were entertained by singing waiters, and walking through Central Park on Sunday morning. I'm really looking forward to going back again someday!
ReplyDeleteGoing to New York was by far the best trip of the year. We saw so many Broadway shows and travelled through the city--using the subway--as if we were very skilled pedestrians. I think I most proudly think that the Drama Book Store was my favorite part of the trip.
ReplyDeleteNYC was a lot of fun--Natalie and I went to go see Colbert's studio, went to the statue of liberty, did a lot of shopping in SOHO and Times Square, bought fake purses, watched a girl vomit on the subway, and had a great morning at the MET...good times all around.
ReplyDeleteNew York city was so so so much fun. Kristen and I tore up the city Gold Team style. My favortie parts were seeing Colbert's studio, 30 Rock, and Tom's Restaurant. We also really enjoyed Wonderland. What a masterpiece... The nightlife was very fun to experience, especially because shopping at Forever 21 until 1 AM is my life long dream. Boston 2011!
ReplyDeleteThe NYC trip was probably one of the best trips I've ever taken! I've always wanted to go, and the price was perfect. The bus trip wasn't the best, but it was worth it for keeping the cost down. I basically enjoyed everything---all of the events and free time and food and the hostel. I loved the subways and had a great time failing at trying to see the Statue of Liberty. I got closer with some other scholars and overall it was just an amazing time. I can't wait for next year's trip!!
ReplyDelete