Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Bellweather Festival

I attended the 3rd annual Bellweather Improv Comedy Festival and was very impressed. I have never seen 8th floor improv let alone any professional improv groups (besides the one in Chicago of course :). At first I was a little weary about this because there were student run groups and you never know how good they will be since they are not professional. But all the groups were very impressive. I now want to go to all the 8th floor improv shows because I thought they were so hilarious. Also, the professional groups were by far the funniest people I have ever seen/watched. I was laughing the whole time. I am just very amazed by how people can simply make up things as they go and build off each other, all the time making it very funny. I would definitely recommend this event to anyone. I'm sad that I missed out on other 8th floor improv events but I will definitely attend more in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I also attended the Bellweather comedy festival, and definitely had an amazing time! It's so refreshing to just be able to kick back, relax, and enjoy a little fun. It blows my mind how people, many of which my own age, are able to make up such hilarious routines on the spot; it is clear that not only are they very gifted, but also that they are simply just simply fun people to be around. The professional groups from New York and Chicago were especially impressive. I am looking forward to attending many more of 8th Floor Improv's shows throughout the rest of this year, and I'd encourage anyone who hasn't seen them yet to check them out! They will definitely have you rolling on the floor laughing by the end of the night.

    ReplyDelete