Thursday, November 17, 2011
Potluck and Movie Night
Last night was the annual humanities potluck and movie night. Quite a few people came to enjoy the buffet of Raising Cane's chicken fingers, chips, and desserts made and brought by us humanities scholars. We watched the film "Shutter Island." I've seen the movie a few times before, but I was glad to have the chance to watch it again. It's one of those movies that gets better every time you see it! The movie and potluck dinner provided a relaxing evening and a chance to socialize with scholars I hadn't seen in a while, as well as the chance to meet some of the first year students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The potluck had a delicious assortment of Cane's chicken and over 15 varieties of tortilla chips, with a delectable dessert spread including fall themed cupcakes. The food complimented the psychological thriller Shutter Island to a T. Leonardo DiCaprio gave a stellar performance to be enjoyed by all whilst sipping on one of the many beverage choices that night. The night concluded with credits indicating Martin Scorsese directed the film. The potluck was truly a magnificent evening not to be missed out on in the future.
ReplyDeleteLike always, this quarter's movie and potluck was a great event. Everybody seemed to enjoy the movie and of course the great food. I had already seen Shutter Island before the Humanities showing, but it was really cool to watch it knowing the mind twist ending. Definitely worth watching it a second time through.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this quarter's potluck and movie night. There was a lot of delicious food and everybody loves Cane's chicken. I had already seen Shutter Island once before, but I thought it made much more sense after I saw it a second time and knew the ending.
ReplyDelete