Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Matisyahu

This past Thursday I had the opportunity to attend a unique musical performance starring the reggae and hip-hop artist Matisyahu. Matisyahu is best known for his songs pertaining to his faith and experience in the Jewish tradition. I've followed him since my earlier days of high school, and being able to hear him explain aspects to his songs such as "Jerusalem" and "King Without a Crown" as well as hearing him explain how he started sporting his yarmulke on stage was quite interesting. Although he used most of the time to perform, he used a small increment to explain the path he has taken from childhood to his current state. Overall, I walked away very pleased and recommend his music to anyone interested in something different than the social norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment