In this space, I would normally write about what happened at the "History of Haverfield", however, even though I went to the event at 7:00 p.m., like the Calendar said, apparently they started earlier than expected (or the time was wrong). Luckily, I went to this event last year and already know the basic idea of what went on. I also was in time for maybe the last ten minutes of the event, in which one of the men who served on the U.S.S. Haverfield during, I believe, Vietnam (don't quote me) presented the PSL scholars program director with a plaque for running a project to preserve the memories of both James Haverfield and the men who served on the U.S.S. Haverfield and also an old lighter that was used on, not necessarily on the U.S.S. Haverfield, but a naval warship for the display case down in the lobby.
Follow this link for a brief summary from last year. http://osuhumanities2010.blogspot.com/2010/11/haverfield-project-aka-history-of.html
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment