Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Autumn Quarter 2011

1. Mentor/Mentee Scavenger Hunt.
I was super excited to be a mentor this year, and I'm really glad we had this mandatory event. It was great to get to meet some of the new freshmen in person, especially since I didn't know a whole lot of upperclassmen last year.

2. Treat the Hungry.
Treat the Hungry is one of my favorite events of all time, and I'm glad I got to do it two years in a row. We met some really interesting people this year, and it's always great to collect all of those non-perishable food items for the Mid-Ohio Food Bank. 555 pounds is awesome! I just wish that more people would participate, because it really is a good time.

3. Potluck and Movie Night.
Well, we watched Shutter Island, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the potluck and movie nights because it's a group of people coming together, who probably wouldn't usually, let's be honest, to watch a movie and eat food. Again, more people should participate! These events are more fun than people think they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment