Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Help Book Club

I was unable to attend the final book discussion, but the mid-book discussion was very fun. While the crowd was small, everyone had many opinions about the book and its themes. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I'm excited for The Help movie night winter quarter. I liked how the book was told through different perspectives, I think it helped create a more complete view of "the help's" life in the south and how it was viewed by outsiders. My favorite character was Cecilia Foote because she is just a lovable backwoods Barbie who is too sweet and simple for her own good. I think any book that can get such emotional reactions from all kinds of readers is successful and I saw that happen through the Humanities Book Club. I hope next quarter's book (The Hunger Games) is just as popular!

No comments:

Post a Comment