Saturday, January 22, 2011
Yule Ball
So last night was the Yule Ball hosted by Quidditch Club, and it turned out to be a huge success. I'm in the club so I had to work part of the night in the coat room and selling tickets at the front door, but we had about 800 people who came to the event (despite the bitter cold), and a fair amount of cans were donated as well. The decorations were pretty cool, we strung up blue and white lights everywhere, and we had a DJ for the event. The majority of people dressed in formal clothing; however, I did see a couple dressed as house elves, which was really funny. Overall, it was a successful Yule Ball, and we raised a lot of money for the club.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Yule Ball ended up being tons of fun. Even thought it was so freezing cold, a decent number of people attended. The dance was a bit of a combination of middle school dances, (line dances) high school prom, and a touch of silly college. The house elf break down was quite hilarious as Doby and Winky were dancing around for awhile. I saw so many people there from all over campus- it was a great way to bring groups of people together, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Although I expected there to be more Harry Potter themed decorations, the dance was run very smoothly by Quidditch Club and it was a fun night.
ReplyDeleteI had a really great time at the Yile Ball. The DJ was really good so there was great music to dance too. Even though it was freezing cold, it was really fun to have an excuse to get all dressed up. The cost of admission was very reasonable and the canned good donations was a great idea. I will definitely go again next year.
ReplyDelete