Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

COSI After Dark

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend COSI After Dark: an OSU exclusive event at the Center of Science and Industry. Since my friends from home don't go back to their semester schools for another week or so, a few of them decided to visit me for the weekend, so we all decided to go to COSI together on Friday. Even though they weren't Ohio State students, as there was no "check point" for id's, this was not a problem. The event included free transportation (yay busses!) and some free food with a buckid. When we finally arrived at COSI it was packed. There were so many people of every age everywhere, including some really adorable toddlers that were running around. We walked through all the exhibits, trying out whatever activities didn't have a line, which was difficult. There were so many people at COSI that I think it lessened the experience, however, it also therefore took us longer to get through the exhibits which was probably for the better because once you saw everything there wasn't much to do. Although COSI had many interesting exhibits, and was organized very well, I felt that it definitely had a slant towards young children. I'm originally from Cleveland, and I've been to the Cleveland Science Center numerous times and have never gotten bored or felt like I was to old for the exhibits or activities. However, COSI wasn't quite as engaging for me. If anyone is ever in the area I highly recommend going to the Cleveland Science Center. Overall, however, I had an enjoyable evening at COSI After Dark.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, went to Cosi After Dark. My favorite was the spinning black hole. It was pretty trippy. The water room was also a lot of fun. I hope that they do this in years to come.

    ReplyDelete