Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Humanities: Fall 2010

Humanities Retreat: I thought that the first year retreat at Recreation Unlimited was really one of the first times that I got to know my fellow Humanities students. The teamwork exercises were "interesting" and there was very little personal space. It turned out to be a lot of fun despite the cold wind and having to get up really early. From the trust falls to awkwardly trying fit our group into that small box, the retreat was a great way for us to become more comfortable around each other.

Chicago: I really enjoyed the Chicago trip. Honestly, I was excited about the Chicago from the first time that I heard about it back at Scholar's Day. I had never been there or any city bigger than Indianapolis before. In Chicago, we went to see a Second City comedy show. That was probably my favorite part of the trip. I also really enjoyed going to Navy Pier, although I never got around to riding the ferris wheel.

Zoo: Going to the Wildlights exhibit at the Columbus Zoo turned out be a lot of fun. The lights were really cool, although I spent most of the time talking. I was disappointed that we never got to see the polar bears, but we did see the elephants. Also, I want a pet sun bear. They were my favorite out of all the animals that we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment