Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Humanities Fall Quarter

Sorry about the lateness of my post but I had some technical difficulties with the blog. Anyways during my first quarter as an OSU Humanities Scholar I attended the retreat, the Chicago Trip and the Potluck dinner. The retreat started out rather poorly as it required me to wake up early and ride on a bus, however, it was an interesting bonding experience. I believe, however, that most of the bonding occurred over the mutual commiseration about the early morning and the temperature, rather than the activities themselves. That being said I did enjoy participating in the trust fall. The Chicago Trip was an excellent experience, even though I had been there previously I had not spent as much time walking around the city itself. I enjoyed the free time and the ability just to walk around the city and immerse myself in the city's vibrant atmosphere greatly. The potluck dinner was a nice social gathering where I got to meet and converse with others in the scholars program. I was curious to see what food would be brought to a potluck dinner by a bunch of college students, most of whom lived in dorms. I have to say that I was rather impressed by the quantity and the quality of the food that was brought to the dinner. All in all I greatly enjoyed my first quarter at OSU and my participation in the Humanities Scholars.

No comments:

Post a Comment