Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Humanities Fall Quarter

Chicago Trip: I have been to Chicago before, but this time was extra special. I loved being surrounded by my friends and not my family for once. I could experience the city in a whole new way. I enjoyed the time we had to roam around Chicago Linda and I went to many restaurants and ate an item from each. Sprinkles cupcake bakery was by far the highlight of that day. Although, going into the American Girl Doll Store with Tony, Karl, and Chase was hilarious. I thought the speaker at the Humanities meeting had an interesting idea, but the way she delivered her speech was rather flat and boring. I didn't think her speech was horrendous, just slightly hard to be engaged in. Chicago was a great time and I learned a lot about the people in the Humanities Scholars Program!

The Italian Festival: I loved the Italian festival because they sold my absolutely favorite food, cannolis. The fee to get in was quite large, but it was all worth it to eat a cannoli. My friends and I sat in a tent and ate pizza while watching men and women perform a traditional dance to Italian music. I thought it was fun to people watch because I definitely saw some of the stereotypical "guidos". It honestly looked like some of the guys popped straight out of the TV show Jersey Shore. Overall, I had a great time with my friends and ate delicious food.

Treating the Hungry: I had a fantastic time at Treat the Hungry. My roommates and I dressed up in ridiculous outfits and had a ball running around the neighborhood. It was hilarious to watch peoples' reactions because they would first look at us with disgust because we were so old and then they would light up once they found out why we were there. I would definitely do this opportunity again. It was a blast and I even got some free Halloween candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment