Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

chicago and retreat

Humanities retreat:
The humanities retreat was very fun. We left at about 8 in the morning and stayed until about 1 in the afternoon. I really enjoyed the camp grounds and all the activities we did. My favorite activity was the one we did at the end where we had to fit everyone through a tangle of ropes that looked like a spider web. It was really funny trying to fit everyone through this rope course. There was also another activity we did where we had to fit about 15 people on a really tiny block and everyone kept falling off the block. These activities took a great amount of strategy and were a lot harder than they appeared at first sight.

Chicago trip:
I also really enjoyed the Chicago trip. One of my favorite activities was the comedy show Friday night. The stunts the comedians did were hilarious- especially the skit where they pretended to be a radio show. I also really enjoyed walking around Navy Pier and the shopping we did Saturday afternoon. There were so many stores and places to see including a glass museum, a giant Ferris wheel, and shopping centers about twice as big as any I have ever seen. I have never been to Chicago before this trip, but I am really glad I had the opportunity to see this city. I also really enjoyed seeing the giant reflective bean in the center of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment