Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Humanities

The Chicago Trip:
The Chicago trip was pretty fun...I had never been to Chicago so that was exciting. I was pleasantly suprised at how nice the hostile was, and at how centrally located it seemed to be. I really enjoyed seeing the city, eating, and taking pictures infront of statues. Olivia and I, wanting to eat at as many places as possible, decided to eat an appetizer at one restaurant, an entree at another and so forth. Even though we were unable to entirely complete our goal we still managed to eat an unreasonable amount of food over our short trip, so we consider it a success. I was also able to visit the American Girl Doll store- I had felt left out all these years as my friends would visit it, so I consider that childhood dream fulfilled now. The humanities festival speaker we heard was interesting, I had trouble following some of the questions the audience asked her but I thought she did a good job considering the subject. Overall it was a good time.

The Italian Festival:
The Italian Festival was interesting, although I felt the admittance fee of 5 dollars was excessive. I was able to eat pizza and get an italian ice from a Corbo's Stand from Cleveland so that was exciting. I've been to my fair share of Italian fests and although this one offered an abundance of food it was lacking entertainment, except for some carnival rides for small children. It was nice to get off campus and see the short north though!

No comments:

Post a Comment