Thursday, May 12, 2011
Medieval Faire
On May 7th the South Oval was filled with what reminisced the cultures of the 11th century. The Medieval Faire was filled with themed clothing, role play, and sounds from the actual Medieval period. As I walked through the South Oval I could only think back to one childhood memory, going to Medieval Times in Myrtle Beach, SC. If you have never been there, then I suggest going no matter what age you are because it's quite exciting. Overall, I found the event somewhat enjoyable due to the uniqueness of the faire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was walking out of the union after lunch and noticed that the Renaissance faire was still going on so we went to check it out. We looked at the booths of trinkets you could buy and period jewelry. Then we watched a skit that combined Romeo & Juliet with Pirates, and maybe a few aspects of Harry Potter. Overall, it was a very interesting and unique experience.
ReplyDeleteI had a friend visiting from home who really likes Renaissance stuff and he had a good time. It was great to see so many people dress up to host the event. I didn't get any of the food, but it looked good.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely did not expect this to take place in the middle of OSU, but it was pretty well done. No jousting competitions, but the skits were a neat blend of old and new. Food was good too.
ReplyDeleteAh, the Renaissance Faire. That was the what my school year has been building up to since I joined the guild in the Fall. Oh My God am I glad it's over with! That baby was partially the reason I never blogged about anything. Though I have no excuse about afterward other than lazyness. Other than the rain and my socks getting absolutely soaked it was a blast. Though my character did get her butt handed to her in both of her fights during chessboards.
ReplyDeleteIf anyone was wondering I was May Yixian a character of little to no importance other than making the crews look bigger. Still I enjoyed every miserable moment and the after parties (yes plural) made the entire experience worth it.
Its kinda small but if you want something to do on that weekend it can be really enjoyable. Word from the wise bring an umbrella. It didn't start raining really bad until we had to clean up but it as a known fact always rains on Faire Day.