A cold, rainy Sunday is the perfect time to visit an art museum. Though we have several on campus, it's always pleasant to get away from the chaos of OSU and actually visit Columbus.
I was very excited when I heard the Columbus Museum of Art had reopened, and the visit did not disappoint. The museum is not large, but it houses many works despite its' size. The ground floor exhibition dealt with food and art. I especially enjoyed the message boards located around the museum so patrons could leave their own comments. I found the upstairs much more intriguing, also it was less crowded. One room held many classic paintings, but the only problem was the lighting. Many of the works were displayed at such an angle that you couldn't even see them. While I loved the limited amount of Impressionist paintings, my favorite piece was a room full of 35 hanging glass boats. Everyone that walked in just stopped and stared, attempting to take it all in. I hope the Columbus Museum of Art continues to grow and add to its' collection.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment