Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2010 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

English Conversation Partner

I was nervous at first to be a part of the English Conversation Partner program because I was not sure how well I was going to be able to communicate with my partner. However, after I met my partner, I became less nervous and more excited to meet someone of a different country and culture. My partner is from South Korea and she is a Senior this year. She knows English fairly well and so it is fun to just go out to lunch and talk with her about her college/life experiences.

I think this program is a great idea because it allows American students to learn about different ways of life and interact with people that they would not normally have a chance to before. I also think it is very good for the international students because they can be helped to improve their English or to just make new friends. I think it is also important to note that our society is becoming much more connected to other countries and it is important to be well-versed in different world cultures.

All around, I think this program is beneficial to everyone and it can teach everyone a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment