Monday, October 18, 2010
Tommys Pizza Night
So last Thursday there was an alumni night going on Tommys Pizza on Lane Avenue for the college of Arts and Sciences here at OSU. It was a lot of fun, there was tons of free pizza and drinks, and students had the chance to talk with alumni about majors at Ohio State. I talked with a guy who had gone to Ohio State, I think he said he graduated in 1992, and lived in Drackett while he was here. He works at Nationwide now, I wish I could remember his name; he was really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I talked to the same alumni as Kristen and we had a really great time talking about his college experience and ours. I think it was an awesome idea to have a pizza night because it was a good chance for some casual conversation with alumni and upper classmen. I think we should have more nights like that. Free food is good!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Kristen! The pizza night definitely helped with gaining insight and connections with alumni, and who can honestly resist FREE pizza? I think these opportunities are a great perk with being a part of the Humanities Scholars. Not every honors/scholars group has so many ways of getting involved. Free pizza at Tommys with alumni was definitely a great idea!
ReplyDeleteBesides for the pizza being delicious, it was, like the others have said, an excellent opportunity to meet people who had been at OSU in the Humanities; and now is certainly the best time to get connections. The group I was with talked to several alumni, and I know that we all will certainly be in contact in the years to come.
ReplyDelete